Saturday, December 1, 2018

The Warm, Happy Marriage: and the cold facts to know (Chapter 7)

I choose one of my many silly pictures of my husband and I. This guy makes me laugh everyday at least three times, he is also constantly tickling me, but also give the best hugs. Plus he is just so darn cute that it has to be noted. Anyways this post is about the warm happy things in marriage. It is the best! I love being with my other weirdo everyday. Dr. Seuss put it perfectly " We are all a little weird, Life is weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours then we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." Marriage consists of doing everything with your best friend. However, there are times when even your best friend does or says something that you don't necessarily love. At the very beginning of marriage that can be a hard problem to work through. I know that my husband and I have had a huge learning curve! There are still times where I get frustrated and try the silent treatment, and that is not the way to do it! That is something that I have been working on, My husband still gets annoyed at me too. We have talked through different things as they come up, but one thing that has been awesome with all of that is the fact that we can talk about it, and that we are both willing to admit that we could change for the benefit of the couple! I know that will not be the case for every situation but for now it has been a blessing. The Book successful marriage in chapter seven they talk about the different ways that marriage and marriage standards have changed throughout the years. They also talked about the benefits of being married, hey cool! you get even more benefits for marrying your best friend. This is what they said  "An extensive body of evidence documents that married adults are clearly healthier than their non-married counterparts (for a summary, see Waite & Galla- gher, 2000; Wood, Goesling, & Avellar, 2007). They have lower rates of morbidity and mortality, and their health benefits persist even when factors such as race, income, and health status prior to marriage are taken into account. This means that married couples living in poverty have better physical health compared to other low-income unmarried people, and that marital health benefits extend across all major ethnic groups." How cool is that, if you are in the market don't give up, I have heard that when you are least expecting it is when it will come! Have a great one guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment