Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Honor thy Father (Chapter 13)

Father's are special. I think that they are the strongest, bravest, most handsome superheros to children. I know that mine is. I love my dad, Growing up I was the classic daddy's girl, so much so sometimes i think i would hurt my moms feelings. I always wanted to be with dad see what he was doing or where he was going,  and I always knew that if I wanted something i would just have to ask my dad....I know isn't that terrible of me! My dad could do no wrong in my eyes and we were best friends. however there came a point in my life where I became a teenager, and I was independent (obviously, because I was paying rent, cooking, doing my own laundry, and providing for myself and everything, NOT ) I could drive however, and that made me feel like the most responsible person ever. I would have hated to admit it then, but I really wasn't all that big, i didn't know how to live on my own, or pay bills, or cook for every single meal, and i wish i could say that I realized that and that i treated my parents with the upmost respects, and  told them how grateful i was to them. Instead I took advantage, i would come home eat their food, leave and be out past my curfew. Now looking back I was not respectful to my parents at all. If for example I was out past curfew disobeying their rules and then they did something about it, by helping me remember to listen to them, i would mope and groan about everything that they were making me do. Luckily they still loved me, for who I
was and not how I was treating them. Our parents are constantly trying their best and they are doing so much for us as their children, we don't know the things that they have sacrificed for us, i know I can never repay for what they have done, but i can honor and respect them for it. When we show honor and respect to our parents they are more likely to better honor and respect our wishes as well. Fathers tend to like it more when we work hard for what we want/need. It shows them that they have been setting a good example with their providing. According to the book successful marriages and families, talking about fathers they quote."In essence, to provide in fathering is to assume the stewardship of meeting children’s needs and offering opportunities for their development, as well as dedicating one’s time, energy, and resources for the benefit of the next generation." That is a fathers goal overall, and when we show them that we honor them, listen to their council, it will show them that they are succeeding. I love my Dad and I hope that i can show him how grateful i am for all of the things that he has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment